Do your eyes light up when he walks in the room?
I can honestly say that my eyes do light up when Jack walks in the room. We met a long time ago when we just 17. So how do we keep the love alive? How do we rekindle the flame? Yes, sometimes a paddle is involved, but mostly we have always found that love is in the doing. Jack has gifted me with lovely jewelry, but that is not what keeps things aflame. I am a firm believer in showing love by doing. It is in the doing for one another that shows our love.
So I have made a little list of the things I do for Jack:
- always take his hand
- fold his laundry
- change the bed linens often because we love the feel of clean sheets
- spray the sheets with linen spray........ oh, the fragrant scent!
- say yes when he invites me to play golf even though I am terrible
- text him sexy, sassy notes
- learned all the rules of football
- set the DVR for all his favorite shows
- he usually cooks dinner, but I am right there prepping
- put my hand on his leg when we are riding in the car
- actively listen to what he is saying
- try very hard not to interrupt (this is a hard one for me)
- put him first in my thoughts and actions
- iron his golf shirts and shorts
- wear his favorite scent
- my eyes do light up when I see him enter a room even after all these years
So here are some of the things Jack does for me:
- brings me frothy coffee each morning
- puts gas in my car
- gives me roadside spankings along a country road in wine country
- packs a little ice chest with cold drinks when we go on a road trip
- always takes me to my favorite restaurants when we are traveling
- admires my lingerie even if he is undressing me before spanking
- insists on opening my car door
- brings me flowers for no reason at all
- he knows when I am on the edge of not feeling myself and he knows that it is time to spank.......... to bring me back to him!
- his eyes do light up when he sees me enter a room after all these years
Our lists could go on and on. What are the things you do to keep the flame alive in your marriage?
We actively choose to engage with one another. We have a glass of wine before dinner. We talk about our day when the day is over. We tell one another the things we are worried about. We constantly touch one another.
We flirt with one another, teasing and touching. We make one another laugh and laughing is the best thing to do to keep the flame kindled.
The thing is since starting ttwd, our love life and life in general are so much better than before. We rediscovered ourselves in one another at a time when many marriages begin to break apart. Ttwd entered our lives at just the right time in every way. We work hard to please one another and it works!
Your turn to share!
Thank you for the great topic idea, Portia
Thank you, L.