Thursday, August 6, 2015
Meredith Does A Blog Analysis
Yes, that is a baby elephant. What is this darling little guy doing on my ttwd blog? I have had this photo for a long time. How was I ever going to explain an baby elephant on a ttwd blog? So I did a blog analysis of my very own blog.
Here is what I found:
1. About half of my posts are not about spanking.
2. I write about the importance of communicating in ttwd.
3. About half of my posts are about the many ways our marriage is working so well.
4. I wish the usual Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Fourth of July, Happy Halloween, Love Our Lurker Day, Happy Valentine's Day to my readers.
5. I honor those who have served our country including my own special veteran, Jack.
6. I ask for prayers on Memorial Day to remember those who served and are gone.
7. I announce new bloggers who have become friends.
8. I review books written by blogger friends.
9. I review television shows that make my heart beat faster.
10. I post regularly photos and sayings sent to me by my good friend and assistant, L.
11. I post why we do ttwd and not dd.
12. I post the changes in our marriage and how leaning in is always a good idea.
13. I write about moon watching with my favorite guy.
14. I post about my love of organizing, reading and travel and walking for exercize.
15. I post about golf and those teachable moments on the golf course.
16. I post posts written by guest bloggers who make us laugh and think.
17. I post about the friendships I have made and most importantly, the way ttwd wives need to stay in communication with one another.
18. I devoted several posts to encouraging women to write and many have. Some come and go and some come to stay. We share about life as ttwd wives and it is all good.
Okay, I do post about those spankings. However, more than two years in, the spankings are more of the wonderful kind and less the ouchy kind.
I just thought a blog analysis a good way to show the balance here and Jack and I feel that balance in our marriage. Yes, there are rough times, but the smooth, sweet times dominate. We are more loving and giving, respectful and peaceful. Isn't that the whole idea of ttwd? I follow, Jack leads and there is peace.
My analysis of the blog made me stop and think what is best about it. The friends I have made......... that is what is best!
Thank you, dear friends.
So enjoy the baby elephant. I told Jack I would find a way to share this cute little one on my blog. The blog is not all about spankings. Right?