This is the kind of post that bloggers love. Ella over at Ella Ever After wrote the questions, posted them and we each do the answering. Ella suggested we post photos along with our answers, but that hits a little too close to home. So although I would like to share photos along with my answers, you will have to imagine photos. This meme asks many questions which are a little different and that makes it fun.
1. Take a look at the walls in your home. Which picture/object is your favorite and why?
We have great art work. Although some walls are empty to enjoy just the light during the day. We have family paintings and photos from our travels. The favorite for me is a painting of a woman leading a mule along the C and O Canal on the Potomac River. It is a beautiful painting and this woman is strong and diligent.
2. What is/are your favorite perfume(s)?
I am in agreement with Ella, I love Bobbi Brown Bath. The scent is refreshing and not overwhelming. Friends always comment on my wearing it and, of course, Jack loves it as well.
3. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Have you ever hidden new shoes from your spouse?
I prefer not to go to my closet and count. I have the usual sandals, dress heels, loafers, short boots, snow boots, tall boots, walking shoes and the list goes on. Do you know we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time? I know a number is needed here. So I will say about 25!
4. Snacks- Sweet, salty or both? If you could choose one snack, and it magically had no calories, what would it be?
Now this is a hard one........... I try not to snack, but I do nibble as I cook. Pretzels, cheese...... good cheese are what I select when I am fading from not snacking. M&Ms with no calories...... I would eat all day!
5. What are your favorite cut flowers?
I love the fragrance of sweet peas cut from my garden. I love tulips and regret that the season is so short. I love glads cut from the garden as well.
6. Without using a real name, describe one person in your life with whom you have a hard time being patient.
Those of you who read this blog know I often have a wolf at the door. That wolf is very self centered and self righteous, greedy and demanding. This person can be very passive aggressive in the silent ways of one who knows how to manipulate the situation.
7. What food do you love that your husband hates? What food does your spouse love is "yecch" to you?
I love egg plant and Jack has made me promise that I will never serve it at our table. He loves a gin and tonic and I do not like even the hint of the smell of gin. Ugh!
8. What is the song you associate with meeting your honey?
We started dating in high school so our songs were those on the radio way before Sirius and Pandora. I love Make Someone Happy by Jimmy Durante.........an old before my time song, but just watch Sleepless in Seattle and you will sing along.
9. Do you have a favorite movie that you like to watch every few months or once a year?
I love Shawshank Redemption. We own a copy and do watch it every one in awhile.
10. What collection(s)do you have? How did that collection start?
I have several very dear collections and when we travel, I do add to the collection. I am skittish to share here as my friends know this collection and admire it. To tell makes me nervous to do so here.
11. Where would you like to go on your next vacation? Is there somewhere else on your Bucket List?
We live in a beautiful part of the world, but we must have sun breaks because of the winter gray. Many favorite sun break spots are dear. We plan on going to those places on our Bucket List.
12. If you could buy clothes at one store, at what store would you shop?
I am short and I value the petite selection at J Jill. Those clothes fit and fit well. Nordstrom is the best place for shoes.
13. What gift(s) from your spouse have been the most loved and appreciated?
Jack is very generous with gifts......... bless his heart! Again, sharing makes it too revealing.
14. Name one item of your spouse's clothing that would would love to throw away.
He wears his college colors when enjoying football games and some of his things better days, but are still worn to show his allegiance. Ugh! A sweat shirt in particular!
15. What is the submissive action or inaction of which you are most proud?
I asked Jack about this one and am pleased to say that he said the same thing I was going to tell about. When he is driving, I am quiet. I have stopped telling him the best way to go which would be my way, of course. He is an excellent driver and I try to be an excellent passenger. He says he appreciates my new attitude.